atlanta.
the black metropolitan magnet. every black professional has to live here once, right?
its a historic city.
i teach at the first black high school in the city. alumna range from mlk to lena horne.
but i almost absolutely hate my life here.
i miss my friends.
i miss my hobbies.
i miss my life. period.
i barely understand when people talk to me (especially my students).
i don't dig the hood/ghetto fabulous mentality.
i'm not saying i am refined, but i have become accustomed to life a 1000 miles away, i found myself in boston, i found who i was comfortable being and now i have voluntarily transplanted myself to a pseudo-city.
but they do say that people grow more in struggle. what can be accomplished being comfortable.
i'll probably never love it here, but i will make it. i will make it by keeping up with the people who have helped me make it this far. "bestie A" and "bestie C" and "bestie D"....
Things I hate the most about being here:
6 am wake-ups
club lines
traffic
bad children
evil parents
Things I like here:
My family
My coworkers
My apartment
i think the solution is more "me time" I've really neglected myself, definitely not being a diva like I usually am. I am need to fix that.
but bestie C is coming in hopefully 2 wks+ and I will be away from the madness of my life this weekend. I promise myself to do no work this weekend. Promise.
Tryna be a diva again,
Miz Mae
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment