professional development today
i went thinking i would learn some strategy that works for every bad kid or that would at least help 80% of them
but instead i got some much needed therapy
the most important thing he said today was: "no one can make you upset, your beliefs and perceptions are what make you feel the way you do."
i always knew this and I actually say this to my kids sometimes, but i guess i never took it to heart.
so these are the things i am going to work on, my own emotional development:
1) stop taking things personally, the kids could give a shit less about me so why should i let them get to me
2) take care of me first, i'm not getting paid to get some stress related disease
3) "it's serious, but it's not that serious"
4) LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT!
the last one i like the most, i have to stop stressing. i have to start talking to myself ( a strategy they suggested, and that we actually do anyway as human beings) in a productive away.
Stop saying: "God I hate this job", "I can't do this", "that kid is such a bad kid"
Start saying: "I can do this for 2 years, then I can get any job I want." "I may not be in the best situation, but I can manage this class", "I'm trying the best I can, if he doesn't behave, I've done my job"
Looking at life more positively,
miz mae
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment